Digital banking is the essential aspect of our financial life. One should be careful while transacting online and follow the vital 7 don't s given here to avoid the upsets and loss arising out of the frauds by anti-social elements.
- Don't ever send any of your personal information inside an email, no matter how secure you think it may be.
- Don't give out your personal information over the telephone unless you are absolutely certain of who you are dealing with. You also need to know what this person is going to do with your information when you give it to them.
- Don't have other browsers open at the same time you are doing your Internet banking transactions.
- Don't open up emails from banks that you don't do business with. If you do get an email from your bank asking you for personal information, call the bank first before doing anything else. Ask them about the email and find out what is going on. If it is legitimate, which I doubt it is since banks don't conduct business like that, then you can take care of it right there over the phone.
- Never respond to e-mails/embedded links/calls asking you to update or verify UserIDs/Passwords/Card Number/CVV etc.
- Never click on any links in any e-mail to access the bank's site.
- Never enter login or other sensitive information in any pop up window.